Your friend owns a restaurant and a false rumour about the business has circulated, claiming the head chef has a very contagious disease. Many customers are scared and stop going to the restaurant, and sales are down.
Since you are taking a marketing communications class, you decide the help your friend. In a 2-3 pages report, address the following:
· Explain what public relations (PR) are and the different types of PR.
· What are some ways to handle a rumour?
· Prepare a statement on behalf of the restaurant to the public.
· Select one traditional and one digital media for this statement.
· Explain why they are appropriate in delivering the statement to the public.