Objective: The purpose of this discussion board is to reflect on the benefits and challenges of internet research as it applies to using the W.I.S.E. Approach to Critical Thinking.
Make sure you use APA style citations and references in your initial response. In your responses, continue to cite the references but you do not need to establish a new reference list.
MAKE SURE your reference list includes Ruggiero, the Ted talk, and the two websites.
- Read chapter 2 carefully https://brytewave.redshelf.com/library/
- Watch the TED talk by Markham Nolan: How to Separate Fact and Fiction Online.
- Explore these two sites—one a legitimate corporate sponsored site, the second, videos from a copy-cat site (the actual site has been taken down) with a very similar look.
CAUTION—the copy-cat videos have graphic material and is not suitable for children.
Discussion Prompt: In 300 words or less, write on BOTH of these two questions:
1. 1. What principles or lessons can you draw from Markham Nolan’s presentation, and how are they important in the critical thinking process? How could the Copy-cat site and the Corporate site for Kellogg’s confuse viewers?
Make sure you refer to the content from chapter three as part of your reflection. Specifically cite an element of the W.I.S.E Approach.
- What did you learn that you can apply to your own discipline of thinking? Have you had classmates/patients/clients share something from the internet where you questioned the source?