|In your essay, you can refer to the sources provided by your tutor, but you MUST also refer to at least 5 other sources which you have found. You must ensure that the sources you use are academic and reliable, in particular ensure that Internet sources are accessed via a reputable academic database or an academic journal.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
To what extent are flexible work arrangements, such as flexitime, job sharing and zero hour contracts, advantageous for both companies and employees?
GET AN ESSAY WRITTEN FOR YOU FROM AS LOW AS $13/PAGE
You will be assessed on how well you:
|1. establish a clear argument/thesis for your essay as given in the thesis statement
2. develop a critical line of argument, expanding and supporting these arguments with subsidiary points, reasons and relevant examples
3. identify, evaluate and refute counter arguments, opinions or solutions
4. write in an evaluative/interpretative rather than descriptive manner
5. find and use sources
6. incorporate ideas from sources by quoting, summarizing and paraphrasing viewpoints, and using in-text citations accurately
7. compile a complete, accurate, consistently referenced bibliography (standard Harvard system) at the end of the essay.
8. express your ideas in suitable academic English.
|Guidelines for formatting: Submission checklist
|· Use a standard academic font, size 12 and use 1.5 spacing between lines.
· Each page of your assignment should have a header with your student ID number, module code (e.g. PM503) and the name of your class tutor. Do not write your name.
· All pages should be numbered.
· Staple all pages together.
· Include a title page consisting of the following information:
§ Module Code (i.e.. PM5032T)
§ Class/Group: (e.g. Group A)
§ Module Title (i.e. Skills for Study 3)
§ Assessment Title ( i.e. Essay)
§ Assignment Title: (i.e. the question as given on this paper)
§ Tutor Name: (name of you SS3 tutor)
§ Student ID Number: (please add your ID number only and NOT your name)
§ Date of Submission: (date)
· Submit TWO paper copies.
You may be penalised according to the GIC Assessment Rules in the following circumstances:
· Under/over length
You write an essay that is above or below the stated word limit by more than 20%.
If your essay breaks the word limit, the mark awarded for this assessment shall be reduced by 10%. To calculate specific word length, all text in reference lists and appendices should be excluded. You MUST include a word count at the end of your assignment.
· Late hand-in
You must hand in the paper copy of your assessment by the stated deadline. If you do not, the following penalties for written work will apply:
(Unless there are valid reasons for the lateness (e.g. illness) and this is supported with an EEC form and evidence)
· Non submission to Turnitin
You must also submit an e-copy on the same day as the paper hand-in. The online submission MUST be identical to the paper submission. Failure to submit or submission of non-identical essay will result in a 10% deduction from the final assignment score. You must report any technical difficulties to the class tutor and can send an e-copy direct to the class tutor if necessary.
· Academic misconduct
This includes plagiarism and collusion.
Plagiarism – You will be penalized if any part of your work is found to have been directly copied from a source (e.g. a book, another student’s essay, an internet website) without following the appropriate referencing conventions.
Collusion – Examples of collusion include a situation where a student:
· Intentionally submits as entirely his or her own work, an essay or report written by another person.
· permits another candidate to copy all or part of their own work, knowing it is to be submitted as that other candidate’s own work;
· allows another person to re-write large sections of the students’ work.
Note that collusion is considered as academic misconduct and, in the absence of hard evidence, you may be asked to attend a meeting to discuss your understanding of the work. If you do not attend such a meeting, tutors may use academic judgment to determine whether or not an offence has taken place.
Please take note that this essay must be written by you. If the level and sophistication of your language is considerably higher than other pieces of written work you have produced, it will be assumed that you were given unfair assistance and you will either be penalised for plagiarism/collusion or receive no credit for clarity of expression.