Students are expected to adhere to the following when writing an academic paper. All information listed adheres to APA 6th edition, second printing.
- 12-point serif font (Times New Roman or Courier).
- 1-inch margins at the top, bottom, left, and right of every page.
- Running head contains brief title of paper. Follow APA format.
- Page numbers are in the header in the top right corner.
- Paragraphs are to be indented five to seven spaces.
- Complete sentences, correct grammar, correct spelling, and accurate punctuation is expected.
- Absence of typographical errors.
- Citations within the body of the text follow APA format. Starting in fall 2010 students must use the 6th edition of APA (do not use the first printing).
- Headings are included, as appropriate, and follow APA format.
- Images, graphs, charts, or other types of visuals are considered to be figures in APA format and must adhere to proper APA 6th edition formatting.
The following are not included in your page count.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Standard Format for Academic Papers
GET AN ESSAY WRITTEN FOR YOU FROM AS LOW AS $13/PAGE
- Title page which contains the assignment name, byline, professor’s name, and date.
- Reference list starts on a new page and follows proper APA format.
- Appendix (if appropriate) which starts on a new page.