Review the list of 50 health care apps for patients and physicians. What apps do you think is most useful for patients? Discuss the app and why you think it is important to help patients be responsible for their own health so the health delivery system is not overcrowded and overutilized. http://www.beckershospitalreview.com/healthcare-information-technology/50- healthcare-apps-for-clinicians-and-consumers-to-know.html
Most important Apps ( not in order will be) and the reasons are as under:
- Amwell: Telehealth app. Telehealth holds a lot of potential for USA due to (1) Very high cost of care ( 2) Waiting lists. Some of the heathcare can be transferred to other countries with lower costs
- Better doc: Useful from perspective of patients as it guides them on many aspects
- Blue star : Diabetes management app- very useful considering the criticality of disease and a patient awareness about the poor management of the disease have clear mortality risks
- Carezone: Handles paperwork and appointment.
- Docphin: communicates the latest updates to doctors on mobile
- Doctor on demand: makes the doctor available on a fees of 40 dollar per appointment
- Faircare: to check whether one is charged fairly for all procedures
- Figure 1: Instagram for doctors where they can seek peer group review
- Practo: appointment scheduler
- Health tap: Mobile directory of physicians
These are a few Apps which offers telemedicine, appointment booking, awareness about charges.