Please select a Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) for any selected scenario. You can choose any organization’s plan or create your own.
1. Describe the key elements of the Disaster Recovery Plan to be used in case of a disaster and the plan for testing the DRP.
2. Briefly discuss the internal, external, and environmental risks, which might be likely to affect the business and result in loss of the facility, loss of life, or loss of assets. Threats could include weather, fire or chemical, earth movement, structural failure, energy, biological, or human.
3. Of the strategies of shared-site agreements, alternate sites, hot sites, cold sites, and warm sites, identify which of these recovery strategies is most appropriate for your selected scenario and why.
4. For each testing method listed, briefly describe each method and your rationale for why it will or will not be included in your DRP test plan.
1. The organization selected for describing key elements for disaster recovery plan to be used for disaster and the plan for testing the DRP is AppAssure. The focus on the organization in this case for disaster recovery plan is to focus on providing important business level recovery solution for modern disasters. It also focuses on providing flexibility and greater options.
The key elements include identifying full backups and restoring them with logistical coordination. Push Button failover are one of the key capabilities in the organization.
Another important capability of elements includes bare metal recovery in the case of the organization for relying not just on traditional backup solutions when there is a disaster. There is focus given to ensure that there is same equipment used for the purpose of production for offsite recovery partners.
Integrated data replication is another important element. It takes into account the importance of improved technology like cloud provider network provided to off site location instead of ineffective backup copies.
The organization focuses on easy off site recovery even though it is expensive and intricate. It focuses on its integration with the replication and testing the DR plan. The implementation and testing of DR plan is important for its effective use.