How owned and earned media content can be used effectively to build shoppers’ brand awareness and to encourage store visits.
Is owned and controlled by the company. Easy to control content and reach
- use websites to showcase the brand and store
- tweak your mobile site
- Included special offers, product demos
- use visual medium- pictures and videos, store locations etc
- Blogs –
- Post reputable content to establish the brand.
- Use topics relevant to brand and current situation
- Use links to websites and other influencer sites
- Send newsletters to connect with consumers on hot issues.
- Emails- use emails regarding sale, offers, coupons, follow-ups, product recommendations, new arrivals
- Social media accounts.
- Share content
- Promote sales and events inside stores
- Showcase the products on sale
- Use Pinterest groups to identify favorite products and engage conversation around them
- Encourage people to Instagram and hashtags and encourage consumers to share in-store stories
- use YouTube to build product demos, brand stories, consumer reviews, links for influencer reviews about products, consumer opinions etc
Earned media is like publicity. We get free advertising through sharing of content by audience and influencer.
Earned media offers third party credibility.
- Encourage consumers to review and voice their opinions
- Share consumer opinions on social media using a hash tag
- Encourage consumers to share content. Offer incentives for sharing
- Use SEO so that consumers find relevant content for their search
- Use press releases regarding important events, sales etc. use visuals in media kit
- Offer influencers your products free for review
- Measure and track your Net promoter score
- Attract influencers, media, and fans through events and experiential marketing