“To create a better everyday life for the many people” is the vision of IKEA, the world’s leading furniture retailer. Below are a list of 10 specific policies and programs that help the firm achieve its vision –
1. Offering wide range of quality products at lower prices affordable by majority of the people across the world
2. Designing the products keeping customers needs and requirements in mind
3. Working towards a sustainable planet by having an overall positive impact on the people and planet while continuing to grow
4. Helping the employees grow with the firm while seeing every employee as a talent.
5. Creating democratic designs i.e.design flexibility of the products which can be used in various forms by people across the world
6. Promoting equality and diversity of human rights in the communities where IKEA operates thus helping the under-privileged.
7. Supporting the ethical recruitment of migrant workers and providing them equal opportunities once they are employed
8. Helping the suppliers grow along with the firm by creating a long term relationship with the suppliers
9. Partnering with social enterpreneurs to address the social issues that they are dealing with and to bring changes in the lives of the people
10. Exploring and using more sustainable materials in the products, to be able to recycle in future.