Constructivist Theory: What are the main tenets of Constructivist Theory that has influenced ID models? Can you also include the reference(s) for the answer?
Answer: The constructive theory states that learning is an active process in which the new ideas and concepts are developed by the learners based on their past and present knowledge. The instructor should therefore attempt to encourage the students discover the principles by themselves. According to Burner the theory of instruction is based on the following four principles of constructive theory
- Predisposition of the learner towards learning
- The structure of the body of knowledge so that it can be made easy for the learner to understand
- Effective sequencing in material presentation
- The nature of the punishments and rewards
All the above factors have influenced various ID models
- Yoders, S. (2014). Constructivism Theory and Use from 21 st Century Perspective. Journal of Applied Learning Technology, 4(3).
2.He, K. (2013). On a deeper understanding of the constructivist learning principles and constructivist instructional design. Journal of Educational Technology Development and Exchange (JETDE), 6(2), 1