3. Which of the following statements about information is true?
A. Collected and organized data requires very little analysis to become useful information.
B. Data and information that is collected and organized has value to everyone in an organization.
C. The value of information is known as soon as the data has been collected and sorted.
D. The process of converting data into information and knowledge is a continuum rather than clearly defined steps.
E. The value of information continues to rise with the collection of additional data.
4. A report containing the information needed to make a decision arrives after the deadline for the decision. The information system producing this report fails on which dimension of information quality?
E. Exactness 6. A crucial but often overlooked component of the success or failure of an information system is ________.
A. the cloud
7. Information systems research on how virtual team members interact with each other using technology would be classified as which of the following?
B. Operations management
C. Group collaboration
D. Public administration
E. Computer science
8. Research associated with the Internet of Things will require expertise in which component of information systems?
9. Using technology to create training and compliance materials online would most likely be a task undertaken by which department?
A. Human resources
C. Research and development
E. Operations and production
10. The ________ oversees the Information Systems function and helps to shape the organization’s strategic uses of information systems.
A. Chief Data Officer (CDO)
B. Chief Strategy Officer (CSO)
C. Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
D. Chief Information Officer (CIO)
E. Chief Operating Officer (COO)
11. What is an amplification effect with regard to information systems?
A. When updating a website facilitates information sharing
B. When enough data is gathered, organized, and analyzed for decision-making purposes
C. When collecting customer data provides comprehensive customer service
D. When small events within an information system have far-reaching effects
E. When the use of information systems creates a competitive advantage
12. The speed at which damaging messages can spread through social media channels means that many organizations assemble ___________________ to deal with unanticipated threats.
A. crisis management teams
B. ethical issue teams
C. social media teams
D. lost productivity teams
E. communication teams
3. Information is derived out of data. Bits of data which is organised, sorted and classified makes the information. Now data in its raw form is not useful as important information has to be skimmed out of it. There is a fine line of difference between the two. When a data is collected and sorted properly the value of the information automatically is reflected from such collection and classification. Therefore, Collected and organised data requires very little analysis to become useful information. Thus, A.