Risk Reduction Planning
You completed a presentation as the risk reduction officer in your organization and are creating a working document for a risk reduction program of objectives during an annual planning meeting. Your presentation will assist the organization in mapping out the programs that will be funded and prioritized within the next year.
Using the information you have as a guide, develop a 4-5 page presentation. The topic should be on injury, safety, or violence (or approved by the professor).
Your presentation and handout should follow Steps 1–4 for program planning. It should clearly meet the following objectives:
- Assess the needs of the population (Step 1). The needs assessment should present the top three risks facing your community and how you prioritized the risk you selected for a risk reduction program.
- Description of who you will request to be part of your advisory or planning committee and why this is important for the success of the program (Step 2).
- The present mission statement of the proposed program (Step 3).
- Write program goals and SMART objectives (Step 4). This should provide decision-makers with a very clear direction for the program.
Submit your pre-work along with the above Assignment at the end of Unit 4.
- Include at least two sources to support each of the trends in your presentation.
- Use charts and graphs as needed.
- Use bullets for your main points.
- Assume you will make your presentation to an international audience.
- Use APA citations on appropriate slides.