Your employer has been going through many challenges in the past 18 months due to the recent financial crises. There have been major challenges throughout the company, including high turnover, software applications being used are outdated, stress is increasing for those employees who have stayed, and morale is at the lowest point ever for the company. The remaining executives are planning to do a reorganization of the jobs and responsibilities throughout the company. However, each time the executives want to implement a change, another batch of employees resigns. You have been asked by your supervisor to prepare an analysis of what the executive leaders must do.
Present your findings as a 4–5-page report in a Word document formatted in APA style. At a minimum, your paper must include the following:
- Apply the best organizational development process skills the executives should use.
- Apply the change strategies within the short term and long term.
- Evaluate and present the impacts of the resources.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head and title in all capital letters.
- Abstract: This is a summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third-person voice.
- Body: The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page, and it must be double-spaced between paragraphs. The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 3–4 pages. In-text academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-text academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indention, italics, and upper- and lower-case usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the reference page is not a bibliography, but it is a further listing of the abbreviated in-text citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-text citation.
Individual Project Rubric
Deliverable requirements addressed; understanding of material and writer’s message and intent are clear.
Calculation methods, where required, are contextually appropriate, fully explained, and presented in a manner that is easy to understand.
External research incorporated in the paper, if any, supports the writer’s position properly acknowledged and cited; direct quotations may not exceed 10% of the word count of the body of the assignment deliverable (excluded title page, abstract or table of contents if used, tables, exhibits, appendices, and reference page(s).) Inclusion of plagiarized content will not be tolerated and may result in adverse academic consequences.
Critical thinking: Position is well-justified; logical flow; examples provided where appropriate.
Structure: Includes introduction and conclusion; proper paragraph format; reads as a polished academic paper or professional presentation, as appropriate for the required assignment deliverable.
Mechanical: No spelling, grammatical, or punctuation errors.
APA: Deliverable is cited properly according to the APA Publication Manual (6th ed.).
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
If you are planning to repurpose an assignment or submit one you have used before, please let your instructor know. If an instructor is not made aware of work being repurposed or reused, he or she will treat the assignment as a plagiarized task and reserves the right to post an F grade and submit a task for review to administration until proof of originality is provided. Click here for more information.
The following are some tips if you have problems submitting your assignment:
- Resave in the proper format per the Assignment Detail instructions, and resubmit.
- Submit with a different Web browser.
- Submit from a different computer.
- Call Technical Support at 877-221-5800, Menu Option 2. They are open 24/7.
- If you are still having difficulties after trying steps 1 to 4, please contact your course instructor.
Make sure you submit this assignment by the listed due date. Late deductions will apply for this assignment as follows:
- Assignments submitted within 7 calendar days after the stated due date: 10% penalty of total assignment points.
- Assignments submitted 8 to 14 calendar days after the stated due date: 20% penalty of total assignment points.
- Assignments submitted 15 to 21 calendar days after the stated due date: 30% penalty of total assignment points.
- Assignments submitted 22 to 28 calendar days after the stated due date: 40% penalty of total assignment points.
- No assignments, including late assignments, will be accepted after the end of the course unless an approved Incomplete has been granted.
Looking for tutoring?Free, online, 24/7 tutoring on a variety of subjects. Go to Smarthinking >>