Using the information given, draw a Deployment Diagram
Customer’s description of desired software: Customer asked you to develop a parent control software ‘E-Guard’ that monitors, blocks and controls internet usage in real time. The E-Guard is a standalone software that can be run in MS Windows, Linux and Mac operating system with the following functions/features. The E-Guard shall allow parents to check web activity, keystroke, chat, email, IM and launched application. The E-Guard shall keep a local DB of unhealthy websites and synchronize the DB with the remote server in a daily basis. The E-Guard shall block unhealthy websites. The E-Guard shall remove unhealthy words from search engine Once a suspicious activity is identified, the E-Guard shall take snapshoot of the screen and notify parents by email and text message. The suspicious activities include trying to browse unhealthy websites, nasty words appear in email/chat/IM or typing blocked keywords in search engine. The E-Guard shall allow parents to configure the setting. The setting includes, blacklist, whitelist, blocked keyword, internet time control, categories to be blocked (it is 3^rd path’s responsibility to create and maintain the website categories), etc. Only authorized users have access to the configuration and uninstall.
Description : –
Please find the deployment diagram above.
here deployment diagram says where the E-Gaurd application software will get deployed in overall system.
1. so first wee need to understatnd that whenever an user make request from browser that request should be bypassed through E-gaurd applciation as like firewall.
2. Now every browser request is http request so we have shown E-guard application in above diagram that will entertain each and every http request from browser like proxy and response of the same request back to browser so for the same E-guard application will have Http request mock framework that will help to mock each request so that we can also capture the screen shot of that request if something found unauthorised which is not block and send the same in email or test message as like tracking the whole activity.
3. Now E-gaurd will have its own local database that will contain the word blacklist and unauthoriused site list so that request can be blocked at applciation layer.
4. At the same time E-gaurd application will have configuration files which can be read while performing serval action like user can add blacklist, whiltlist and block keywords etc and user inforamation as well.
5. Once the request will get authenticated by E-gaurd application then E-gaurd app will mock the same http request and to the Tcp/IP layer beacuse http request further makes TCP connection with outer network machine through routers and external internet world. the whole process works at physical layer. we donot need to bother on same.
6. once the request will sent to outer network, there will be a response of each request so that repsonse is recieved by E-gaurd app and app will parse the response so that all the unhealthy word can be blocked immediately or converted into some other healthy word. now response will be sent to browser as intially browser sent the request.
7. once browser recieved response form E-guard app then browser will display the contents to user back.
so these are steps whihc shows that how E-gaurd app will work and above given diagram shows that where this app wil get deployed.
Please let me know if you face any dificulties to unserstand the above diagram or steps. It would be easy for you if you can compare this app to any antivirus applciation or firewall. beacuse the working of all those application are same.