Cu | Cu2+ (0.253 M) || Ni2+ (1.35 M) |Ni
Given: Cu2+ + 2 e- → Cu Eo = 0.34 V
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Question & Answer: Consider a cell based on the following line notation at 298 K: Cu | Cu2+ (0.253 M)…..
GET AN ESSAY WRITTEN FOR YOU FROM AS LOW AS $13/PAGE
Ni2+ + 2 e- → Ni Eo = -0.23 V
How many of the following responses are true?
1. Increasing the concentration of the Ni2+ will decrease the potential of the cell
2. Decreasing the concentration of the Cu2+ will increase the concentration of the reaction
3. Using a Pt electrode in place of the Cu electrode will not change the potential of the cell
4. Reduction takes place at the cathode
5. Adding equal amounts of water to both half reactions will decrease the potential of the cell
I said 3 and it was wrong