What challenges do companies face when trying to implement e-commerce business plans and strategies? What can they learn from the WebVan experience?
CHALLANGES TO IMPLEMENT e-commerce business plans and strategies:
1. Business paln might fail while reading the moods of the online customers.
2. The robust plan might give more challenges if any product delivery will have to done in remote areas.
3. The 4P’s of marketing management ( product, price , place and promotion) can not be effectively implemented well.
4. The e- commerce positioning strategy will be dependent on frequently advertising.
5. The strategies pursued by the companies must be integrated to forward looking.
6. THE CHALLENGES FROM CYBER SECURITY CONCERNS MIGHT BE FACED.
7. The supply and logistics management might be a problem for the companies.
8. The stress management problems might arise among due to virtual employees if setup.
9. The problem of command and control might arise among employees.
10. The technology failure might be faced by employees.
11. The virtual organization depends on social media which some time over reactive to rumours so companies might get influence.
Web Van experience and learning to companies:
The companies might learn the following points where web van failed to do well:
1. Cost of e commerce set up
2. Inventory management failure
3. Software loopholes in e commerce
4. Transportation and communication
The companies must adopt new techniques to handle cheap labour forces and input to sell by producing quality products.
The companies shouldn’t be over ambitious and aggressive while delivering products or services in online mode.
The client satisfaction is critical for success in e commerce so that feeling must be inculcate by the companies.