What are some similarities and overlaps between ITIL and COBIT? What are there distinct differences? What are some challenges to implementing ITIL and COBIT in an organization?
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Question & Answer: What are some similarities and overlaps between ITIL and COBIT? What are there distinct differences? What…..
GET AN ESSAY WRITTEN FOR YOU FROM AS LOW AS $13/PAGE
ITIL– Information technology infrastructure library is a framework that is designed to plan, select, deliver and support IT sercvices.
COBIT– Control objectives for information and related technology is a framework created by international professional association. It provides control over information technology. It assures quality control, risk management, and prevents from fraud and monitors compliance.
Similarities between ITIL and COBIT are as follows:-
- ITIL and COBIT are used to achieve organizational goals.
- Both are used by Information technology service management.
- COBIT can be used to measure the success of ITIL implementation.
Differences between ITIL and COBIT are as follows:-
- COBIT has five principles i.e Marketing stakeholders need, Covering the enterprise end to end, Applying a single integrated framework, Enabling a holistic apporach, Separating governance from management. ITIL has five stages i.e Service strategy, Service design, Service transition, Service operation and continuous service operation.
- COBIT tells the principles of supporting an organization while ITIL tells the parts of IT that is related to the service management.
- COBIT describes “Whar to do” and ITIL describes “How to do”.
- COBIT is broader than ITIL in the scope of coverage.