Question 1 10 marks Choose any two of the following terms. For each of your chosen terms find three sources that provide information about the term and create ONE (single) definition from those sources. Also provide an example, preferably from IT systems development. Each definition with example should be no more than 200 words. (Note: Do not use Wikipedia, blogs or your prescribed text as your source). Divide and Conquer Hypothesis Testing Brainstorming Reduction . Research Trial and Error The Harvard style of referencing is to be used. For more information refer to Deakin guide to referencing at http://www.deakin.edu.au/students/study-sppt/eferencing Marking Guide for Question 1 Appropriate sources selected ·Sources correctly referenced and in Harvard style Paraphrasing done well Examples provide appropriate information for the chosen terms
- It is the situation in which the group of people meet together and generate new ideas with the help of the specific area of the interest.
- Brainstorming can be collectively said as “An conference technique from whose help the group attempts to find the solution to a specific problem by gathering all the ideas immediately by the members of the conference.”
- Brainstorming helps us to get unique and effective solutions to the problem spontaneously.It helps in getting the encouragement for the new ideas whcih will have never been happened over the natural circumstances.
- Brainstorming consists of the following uses:
- It reduces inhibitions.
- Opens up to the creative and the lateral thinking techniques
- This makes people feel comfortable and hence, ideas emerges out from all the employees.
- Brainstorming is very important in IT departments as it helps in getting things better and making them come real.
Hence, these are the reasons brainstorming is used.
Divide and Conquer:
- This is an technique in which the elements are divided into half and been conquered by the side. In the world of computer science it is the most effective technique for many purposes.
- The divide and conquer method mainly depicts the way algorithms work in case of the arrays and other data structures.
- Divide and Conquer rule is basically used where the need of the elements to being searched is fast and sorting is to be carried out.
- The applications of the divide and conquer are as follows:
- The divide and conquer will save time
- It is fast and reliable
- It has complete focus on the tasks that are being performe.
Hence, these are the properties and a brief on brainstorming and Divide and Conquer.