Phosphatidylethanolamine and PIP_2 containing identical fatty acyl residues can be hydrolyzed with the same efficiency by a certain
- The difference between phosphatidylethanolamine and PIP2 is in the head group. PIP2 has inositol 4,5 bisphosphate while phosphatidylethanolamine has ethanolamine.
- So if both of them possess the same head group, then the hydrolysis products will be the same.If they both differ in the head group then, the hydrolysis product will differ.
- Normally the hydrolysis products of PIP2 are diacyl glycerol and IP3. The hydrolysis of phosphatidylethanolamine also gives diacyl glycerol but not IP3.
- As diacyl glycerol reacts with Calcium to activate protein kinase C, there will be no difference in the activation of protein kinase C. Both products give diacylglycerol which activates protein kinase C.
- both will have the same effect on protein kinase C.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Question & Answer: Phosphatidylethanolamine and PIP_2 containing identical fatty acyl residues can be…..