Ø Per your request, Garden Glory identifies three groups of users: managers, administrative personnel, and system administrators. Suppose further that the only job of administrative personnel is to make Service Update Transactions. Managers can make Service Update Transactions and Service Updates for New Employee Transactions. System administrators have unrestricted access to the tables.
Project Question 1: Describe processing rights that you think would be appropriate for this situation. Use the following template table as a guide and see Figure 6-16, pp.319 in textbook for an example. What problems might this security system have?
|DATABASE RIGHTS GRANTED|
Ø Garden Glory has also developed an initial procedure for backup and recovery and asks you for evaluation. The company backs up the database from the server to a second computer on its network each night. Once a month, it copies the database to a CD and stores it at a manager’s house. It keeps paper records of all services provided for an entire year. If it ever loses its database, it plans to restore it from a backup and reprocess all service requests.
Project Question 2: Do you think this backup and recovery program is sufficient for Garden Glory? What problems might occur? What alternatives exist? Describe any changes you think the company should make to this backup and recovery procedure.
1.) I have filled up the table for knowing what does the database of the company consist of and how must it operate at it’s best.Please go below for reading the details on why is the table filled so.
- The management team will always deal with the employee and the properties so that the organization is well maintained and carried on with the help of the management techniques continuously for better understandings between the emloyee and the management.
- The administrative team will only deal with the ownership and the services to the clients and emloyees collectively. For dealing with this acceptance is necessary as there would be a lot of handling of people around because of which one can lose to give good services and hence, growing the business of the organization old.
- The System Administration deals with all the services, ownership and the propert business of the organization and is one of the biggest and most effective department in doing so. Hence, the system administrator will have a great responsibility. They will not have great interactions with the employees because they will be responsible for handling people collectively and effectively.
Once, the table for the company looks like this I am sure that the company will not face any problem. Hence, the last thing we have to do is to make these three departments work collectively.
2.) Backup and Recovery Plan
- This backup plan sounds good and effective to me, but there are problems in it and pretty rugged one’s which must be given attention ASAP.
- The backup and reovery is done daily at the night and is stored in the CD once in a month. But what if something bad happens in between the month and all the stored backup is wiped out along with the company’s database.
- What if the house you are storing the CD’s get robbed and all the CD’s are robbed. It will be of a potential risk to the organization.Hence, we have to come up with new plans or better security for the house.
- I personally think that the best alternative is to store everything in cloud i.e. Using Cloud Computing.The storage of data in the cloud will be a safe idea as no daily work is required each day there will be an automatic backup and also we can do a scheduled backup and it will remain undetected.
- Hence, no problems of physical security is required. Hence, I think that the company must use this idea of backup and recovery immediately in action.
Hence, these are the plans for the backup and recovery program for Garden Glory.