Ø Garden Glory has also developed an initial procedure for backup and recovery and asks you for evaluation. The company backs up the database from the server to a second computer on its network each night. Once a month, it copies the database to a CD and stores it at a manager’s house. It keeps paper records of all services provided for an entire year. If it ever loses its database, it plans to restore it from a backup and reprocess all service requests.
1. Do you think this backup and recovery program is sufficient for Garden Glory? What problems might occur? What alternatives exist? Describe any changes you think the company should make to this backup and recovery procedure.
Backup and Recovery Plan
- This backup plan sounds good and effective to me, but there are problems in it and pretty rugged one’s which must be given attention ASAP.
- The backup and reovery is done daily at the night and is stored in the CD once in a month. But what if something bad happens in between the month and all the stored backup is wiped out along with the company’s database.
- What if the house you are storing the CD’s get robbed and all the CD’s are robbed. It will be of a potential risk to the organization.Hence, we have to come up with new plans or better security for the house.
- I personally think that the best alternative is to store everything in cloud i.e. Using Cloud Computing.The storage of data in the cloud will be a safe idea as no daily work is required each day there will be an automatic backup and also we can do a scheduled backup and it will remain undetected.
- Hence, no problems of physical security is required. Hence, I think that the company must use this idea of backup and recovery immediately in action.
Hence, these are the plans for the backup and recovery program for Garden Glory.