Legal Environment of Business
TRUE/FALSE. Write ‘T’ if the statement is true and ‘F’ if the statement is false.
1) Reviewing courts exercising judicial restraint often engage in a balancing approach to their decisions. 1) _______
2) In a deposition, a lawyer orally asks questions of the possible witness and an oral response is given. 2) _______
3) Defendants usually bring in third-party defendants when there is someone who may have liability to a defendant if the defendant has liability to a plaintiff. 3) _______
4) Private parties cannot represent themselves without a lawyer in U.S. courts. 4) _______
5) The party who receives the adverse judgment in a trial may file a motion for a new trial. 5) _______