How can HR overcome the tendency for people to be selfish and concern primarily with their own interests?
HR can overcome the tendency for people to be selfish by highlighting group activities.
They need to create activities that can allow people to feel good about themselves.
1. The group training program, that allows every member to commit to a cause
2. The group commitment to participate in helping others. Keeping a notice board, and announcing members who’d supported each member
3. Allowing new group members to get incentives for supporting team efforts
4. Creating a formal promotion strategy for staff, managers who care for the upliftment of others. Focusing on the business of protecting interests of others.
5. Highlighting case studies of professionals–who’ve helped either staff members/others in the society–and have experienced promotion by being selfless–sharing stories of help/support to others.