How can a non-profit healthcare provider survive in a community that lacks the resources to pay for services?
Non-profit health care organizations work among the community people who are needy, but cannot pay for the services and it is one of the objectives of such organizations to serve those who cannot afford the services on their own. Though, these health care providers also need the support (monetary and non-monetary) to survive and run the organization. The survival and maintenance involve following activities done by the non-profit organization.
1. Sensitizing experts and involving them to give a few hours of services in a week. Since they deliver services for the under privileged section of society, these experts give their services for free.
2. Channelization of resources from equipment and device manufacturers, other big organizations who are going to bring in new devices, equipment and other health care accessories. It fulfills the needs of the organization such as bed, equipment, devices.
3. Funding from foundations, high net-worth individuals and other funding agencies who want organizations to work for poor people and these agencies support them.
4. Writing direct mailer to people and ask for the donations to take care of poor people and their health care needs
5. Grants issued by the different agencies of the government on the basis of health care initiatives taken up by the non-profit organization.
Above initiatives help the organization to run and achieve sustainability.