Google is one of the most admired companies in the US. Google executives encourage employees and managers to work directly with one another, instead of more formally. The executives work closely with employees and other departments in a form of cross-functional management. Google’s open communication contributes to the organizational structure and their idea policy is one of the most substantial managerial features. The management team authorizes its employees to take risks to be creative and innovative. What makes this successful organization effective?
The effectiveness of Google as an organisation is resulted by the following facts:-
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Question & Answer: Google is one of the most admired companies in the US. Google executives encourage employees and…
GET AN ESSAY WRITTEN FOR YOU FROM AS LOW AS $13/PAGE
- One of the major reason for the effectiveness of Google is that the management of Google allows the employees to set their own goals and then they help their employees to attain these goals which were set by the employees themselves. The role of the managers is of leader which facilitate inspiration and empowers the employees.
- Although various suggestions are provided by the management of Google to their employees regarding their performance, but employees use metrics which is prepared by them for measuring the progress towards their goals. The role of managers is played by supervisors in order to make sure that all the goals of the employees are accomplished but these managers are treated as a leader by the employees as different benchmarks are set up by the employees themselves.
- The management of Google wants that their employee should “think out loud”. In order to facilitate this, they have an open discussion about the goals and plans for achievement with employees. Corporate transparency is promoted by the organizational structure of Google because the employees are able to witness and contribute to the leadership function. Thus the access to any managerial meeting is provided to each employee.
- As the management of Google believe on controlling through shared vision thus company is able to attract top talent. In comparison to various other organisations which uses bureaucratic and linear controls,, the employees of Google are allowed to set and maintain their own performance standards.
- The good nature and guidance is inspired by the open policies translated into a distinctive corporate structure. Employees are dedicated to work for Google not because only perks such as flexible work time and bonuses , they are more attracted by the benefits of cross-functional leadership structure.