Various types or organization design are:
- Simple Design: There are no formal channels as such and spans are large. No specific hierarchy is there and control is centralized.
Usually found in medical college treatment areas.
- Functional Design: The structure is as per the department and different functional groups have different hierarchies. Each department has 1 hierarchy which is limited to only that department and does not hold true for any other department.
Usually found in Nursing Homes and multi-specialty clinics.
- Divisional Design: This is more or less the same as functional group but the only difference is that it works on divisions that are a group of people working together for one common objective.
Usually found in local hospitals
- Network Structure: In this form the objectives of an organization depends n the fulfillment by other companies to whom the work has been outsourced and hence this outsourcing structure follows completely a different hierarchy.
Usually found in hospitals which are not self-sufficient for every kind of treatment.
- Matrix Form: In this structure many different teams having different capabilities work together and in tandem to attain a common objective. The subordinated of both the teams are then managed by one single manager.
Usually found in medical and health care research projects.