Choose an activity that you are good at doing. The activity can be related to sports, music, a hobby—virtually anything. Prepare a plan for teaching someone how to do that activity. Apply the concepts about effective training in putting together your plan.
What type of assessment will you use to prepare for this training?
What methods and types of training will you use?
What role will principles of learning play in your training program?
How will you determine whether the training has been successful?
The activity that I have chosen is Teaching management subjects to graduate students.
Q1) Below is how the plan to teaching the same can be prepared –
- Identify the trainees or audience interested in ‘Teaching’ activity
- Prepare a training schedule and the topics to be covered
- Prepare a training material and presentation for guidance
- Prepare an assessment at the end of training
- Send the schedule to the intended audience
- Focus on the delivery of the training by using visual representations of the concepts, examples and encourage participants to ask questions
- Take assessment
Q2) The type of assessment that can be used to prepare for this training is mostly Summattive assessment with the below highlighted points into consideration –
1. Descriptive questions based on the teaching process and the various roadblocks that affect the process
2. Practical situations that occur while teaching graduate students like low attendance,disinterest, lack of concentration among students etc. and testiing how the audience will fare in the same
Q3) The methods and types of training that can be used include –
- SImulators or situation based training
- Case study based training
Q4) The role principles of learning play in the training program include –
- Ideas and concepts can be shared, discussed and understood
- Skills can be learned and acquired
- Attitudes and behaviors can be tuned
- Observational learning is more important to train the ‘Teaching process for the target audience’
Q5) Effectiveness of training and its success can be determined based on –
1. The number of audience who scored good (above a cutoff) in assessment
2. The attentiveness of the audience and the volume and quality of the questions asked
3. The next steps that the participants follow after the training