Answer both quesitons in paragraph, receive thumbs up ^^
Lets say your boss asks you make an entry to boost profits. Being the ethical person you are you refuse to make the entry and he has your boss record the journal entry.
What would you do in that situation?
What laws are in place to protect an employee who alerts the authority that the company is falsifying profits?
- I can take the following steps:
- Suggest alternative solution to show similar improvement in profits, but in an ethical manner.
- Ask politely for a written confirmation for the change that he was asking to be made in the entry book.
- Keep my boss informed through mail.
- Discuss with some experienced person for guidance in such a situation.
- A few laws that take care of employees for whistle-blowing:
- State Whistle-blower law.
- Labor Law
- Code of Conduct
- Whistleblower Protection Act