1. Which one of the following is a level of Supply chain collaboration?
a. Strategic alliance
e. Logistics integration
2. Which one of the following is the cheapest way of transportation to ship fresh fruits to Mexico from USA?
3. Which is not an attribute to select mode of transportation?
c. Distance travelled
4.. Shipping a desktop computer falls under which category?
1) Logistics integration is one level of supply chain collaboration.
2) Road transportation is the cheapest way in transporting fresh fruits to Mexico
Explanation : Air and Water are costly, tranporting through pipeline is not possible in case of fruits, Rail is not that flexible when compared to road. All perishable and temperature controlled items need road transportation
3) Distance travelled is not an attribute to select mode of transportation.
Explanation: Cost of transportation, delivery speed, reliability and flexibility of service are considered while selecting the mode of transportation
4) Shipping a desktop computer falls under Parcel category.
Explanation – It is neither truck load (TL) nor Less than truck load (LTL) because it needs atleast 15 to 25 desktop computers to fill a truck depending on the size. It neither comes under bulk category because, for bulk quantity should be more and measured in tonns, it does not depend on the size. Desktop computers come under parcel category.