Public administration is an essential link between citizens and governments. With the rapid pace of globalization, the public sector is under even greater pressure to increase its capacity to deal with the new challenges and opportunities that globalization presents. The relationship between globalization and governance is multidimensional. States or countries with high levels of integration with the rest of the world tend to have better governance outcomes on the whole. Of course, the quality of governance can be directly related to the social and economic integration between states. The gross domestic product (GDP) per capita, religion, natural resources, fractionalization, and government size largely decide the outcomes.
In this assignment, you are expected to select one country (United Kingdom) and do the following:
- Discuss a significant issue or challenge arising from globalization that has taken place in the last 3–5 years.
- Critically evaluate the current policy or policies for the issue or challenge.
- Consider possible alternatives.
- Advocate a particular policy choice and provide a rationale.
- Use the Internet to conduct research for this assignment.
See resources links at bottom to get you started:
Write a 1–2 page paper in which you do the following:
- Provide an introduction and context for the issue or challenge.
- Summarize what the existing literature says about the selected issue or challenge and the selected country’s policies impacting the issue.
- Suggest two policy options that the selected country’s government could follow in order to resolve the issue or challenge.
- Recommend one policy action based on your analysis of a set of alternatives. Provide a rationale for your recommendation.
- Provide at least three reliable, relevant, peer-reviewed references (no more than one used previously), published within the last five years that support the paper’s claims.