Project: New Human Resources Management Strategy PresentationCourse Project Overview
In this project, you will create a presentation demonstrating how you would develop a new human resource management strategy.
Consider the following scenario:
You are an HR manager at Google. Your boss, the VP of HR, asks you to develop a new, innovative, HR management strategy, one the likes of which have never been seen. He wants you to promote creativity and innovation with Google’s management of its employees, the same way the Google Development team is creative and innovative with their products and ideas. For example, Google already provides free food and beverages to all their employees, all day. This is a type of human resource management strategy.
Create a presentation and script identifying how you would restructure major functions of the human resource department. The presentation modules need to clearly demonstrate how an organization can successfully apply the human resource management principles presented in the course materials.Deliverables
- An 10 – to 15- slide presentation
- Three Rough Draft Submissions (See Course Schedule)
- A four-page (1,000-word) script document
Step 1Review assignment requirements.
You are an HR manager at Google. Your boss, the VP of HR, asks you to develop a new, innovative, HR management strategy, one the likes of which have never been seen. He wants you to promote creativity and innovation with Google’s management of its employees, the same way the Google Development team is creative and innovative with their products and ideas. For example, Google already provides free food and beverages to all their employees, all day. This is a type of human resource management strategy. The presentation should highlight the most relevant and compelling aspects of human resource management and demonstrate how these relate to typical organizational challenges. Your supervisor provided you with the following presentation requirements:
Presentation Title: HRM Strategy-HR as a Strategic Partner
- Provide an overview of the main functions of Human Resource Management (HRM). Be sure to relate these to the everyday challenges a manager faces when dealing with employees.
- Describe how your new method/model reflects portions (if any) of legacy HR functions (those in existence today).
- Detail the new method/model and what you think it will achieve.
- Create an interactive portion of the presentation in which you walk participants through questions and answers relative to their opinion of the new method/model.
Step 2Create the presentation.
Present the required information from above in a slide format. Format your presentation with the following in mind:
- Presentations are visual. Do not put too much information on one slide.
- Images and diagrams are wonderful presentation tools, but be sure to include all required information.
- Include proper citations for images and diagrams.
Remember, it is important that your presentation is personal, easy-to-follow, and well organized. Follow these guidelines to engage the presentation audience:
- Use clear, concise bullet points.
- Be sure your font size is readable from the back of a room. You may be presenting to a large group of people!
- Document what you would actually say in a live delivery of this presentation in your presentation software’s Notes section for each slide.
- Avoid crowded slides. You want your audience listening to your presentation, not reading all the material.
- All presentation slides should be contained within one document.
- Label each slide with the slide title and number.
- At the end of the presentation, cite the sources you used to complete it.
Step 3Write the presentation script.
In a four-page (1,000-word) document, provide the narration script that meets the topical requirements listed in Step 1. Remember that your audience is comprised mainly of the company’s line managers. You want the narrative to be compelling for them so that they understand and can effectively support the new strategic HR plan you created. Format your script in the following manner:
- Use headings with the slide number and title to indicate the narration text for each slide.
- At the end of the script, cite the sources you used to complete it.
Remember, it is important not only to inform the audience of the best practices in the field of human resources but also to inspire them to actually implement these practices! Follow these guidelines to further engage the audience:
- Use clear, concise sentences.
- Use clear and relatable real-world examples to help explain concepts.
- Use language intended for a listener as opposed to a reader. For example, avoid language such as “As you can see . . .”
- Share your enthusiasm and interest in the subject matter.
- Relate the material to your personal experience whenever possible.
- Read the script out loud to yourself before finalizing it.
Okay, thank you! Please note that this requires a powerpoint presentation as well as a script.