Project 2 is due at the end of week 4 by Tuesday at 11:59 p.m. eastern time.
In this project, you will view a video and discuss the organizational culture and organizational structure of the assigned organization.
Outcome Met by Completing This Assignment
- organize human, physical, and financial resources for the effective and efficient attainment of organizational goals
How to Set Up the Paper
Create a Word or Rich Text Format (RTF) document that is double-spaced using 12-point font. The final product will be 3-4 pages in length excluding the title page and reference page. Write clearly and concisely.
Provide a title page with a title, your name, course and section number and the instructor’s name.
You have been hired as an associate for a software company that offers support solutions and customer service to more than 500 businesses in the United States. The company has recently started to experience significant growth and will need to hire many new associate positions. Your manager, Jack Nyugen, has asked you to help create a recruiting video for the company that emphasizes the company as having a positive corporate culture in which employees live the company’s core values and like coming to work. Jack provides you with a recruiting video for Zendesk, a favorite company of his, and has asked you to view the video to gain an understanding of the concepts, organizational culture and organizational structure. Jack knows the value of seeing is believing but also knows the value in a person who is able to articulate what is seen.
Jack has asked you to view the video on Zendesk: https://youtu.be/l0uaSU6IVN4. (You may need to right click on the link and open in a new window.)
You will write a report addressed to Jack and will use only the Zendesk video and course materials. If external sources are used, the information will not be included in the grading.
Use the following headings and instructions to complete the project:
- Write an Introduction paragraph. The Introduction paragraph is the first paragraph of the paper and describes to the reader the intent of the paper explaining the main points covered in the paper using a thesis statement. This intent should be understood prior to reading the remainder of the paper so the reader knows exactly what is being covered in the paper.
- Discuss the seven dimensions of organizational culture
- Describe ZenDesk’s organizational culture by presenting examples for each dimension descriptor. Your description of ZenDesk’s organization culture is accomplished by extracting facts from the video and matching those facts with the appropriate dimension descriptor. You must provide support, justification, and where appropriate, in-text citation, for the video facts matched with the dimension descriptors.
- Discuss how ZenDesk uses its corporate culture to create a competitive advantage. Make sure to correctly make connections between the video information and the course materials.
- Identify and discuss ZenDesk’s organizational structure from what you see in the video and use the course material to support your description of the structure. Make sure to use examples from the video.
- Create a concluding paragraph. The Conclusion summarizes the main topics discussed in the paper.
Review the Paper
Read the paper to ensure all required elements are present.
The following are specific requirements that you will follow. Use the chec