The following is the purposes of this assignment:
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Nursing Quality Expert
GET AN ESSAY WRITTEN FOR YOU FROM AS LOW AS $13/PAGE
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities of a Nursing Quality Expert in a selected healthcare organization.
- Review the organization’s mission, vision,values, andbeliefs.
- Discuss the Nursing Quality Expert’s strategic plan as it relates to The Institute of Medicine’s (IOM) Quality initiatives and ONE of the following core competencies.
1) Employ evidence-based practice
2)Apply quality improvement
3) Utilize informatics
- Conduct a core competency-focused interview with a Nursing Quality Expert.
- Articulate the role of the BSN-prepared nurse to support the strategic plan related to selected IOM core competency.(THE CORE COMPETENCY I AM SELECTING FOR YOU THE WRITER TO WRITE ON IS FROM; NURSE OF THE FUTURE: NURSING CORE COMPETENICES. “QUALITY IMPROVEMENT ON PAGE # 36)
- Articulate what was learned from time spent with interviewee and how own nursing practice will change as a result of the encounter and completion of this assignment.
This assignment is worth a total of 200 points.
- Download the NR447Interview Form from Doc Sharing. Indicate your answers to the questions directly on the NR447 Interview Form.
- Select your interviewee, schedule and conduct an interview. This individual must be a Registered Nurse employed in a leadership role as a Nursing Quality Expert.(QUALITY IMPROVEMENT COORDINATOR REGISTERED NURSE IS THE CHOSEN NURSING QUALITY EXPERT THAT I HAVE CHOSEN FOR YOU TO WRITE ABOUT AS MY INTERVIEWEE)
- Review all areas of inquiry on theNR447 Interview Formlocated in Doc Sharing PRIOR to conducting the interview.You may print the form and take it with you to the interview.However, you may not give it to the individual and ask him or her to complete it and return it to you.
- Note there are three areas of inquiry to discuss with the RN/Nursing Quality Expert.
- Prior to conducting interview, review two scholarly resources related to the ONE aforementioned core competencies upon which you plan to focus.These resources should guide your interview process and understanding of the Nursing Quality Expert’s role and responsibilities as it relates to the selected core competency. If you have questions about what constitutes a scholarly resource, please ask your instructor.
- Prior to interview, review the organization’s mission, vision, values and beliefs.
- Note that practice impact must be addressed by YOU and is a very important criterion of the NR447 Interview Form to answer.
- Conduct the interview.The length of your interview will vary but should not exceed one hour.
- Do NOT provide a verbatim transcript of everything that was said. Bulleted items may be used.
|Scholarly Resources||20||10%||Name two resources reviewed prior to conducting interview related to selected core competency.
Describe how each resource helped you the student prepare for and conduct interview.
APA in-text citation formatting and APA Reference list.
|Demographics||10||5%||Initials, credentials, job title, and length in present position of interviewee are provided.Date and time of interview are provided. Working phone number of interviewee is provided for instructor to follow-up if indicated.|
|Scope of Responsibility||30||15%||Provide a paraphrased or summary of the interviewee’s answer indicating major responsibilities and number of direct reports (staff who report to him/her). If none, please say so. Indicate total operational budget for which interviewee is responsible. If unwilling to share, say so.You may quote the interviewee, but sparingly.|
|Mission, Vision, Values, and Beliefs of the Organization||30||15%||Provide a paraphrased or summary of the interviewee’s answer. Do not quote from the website. Use the Nursing Quality Expert’s interpretation of these. You may quote the interviewee, but sparingly.|
|Strategic Plan as it Relates to ONE Core Competency||30||15%||Name the core competency. Provide a paraphrased or summary of the interviewee’s answer about how the core competency is incorporated in a unit, department, and organization’s strategic plan.You may quote the interviewee, but sparingly.
|Role of BSN-Prepared Nurse to support strategic plan as it relates to the same core selected||30||15%||Provide a paraphrased or summary of the interviewee’s answer about the role of BSN-prepared nurses to support strategic plan as it relates to selected core competency.You may quote the interviewee, but sparingly.|
|Practice Impact||30||15%||Summarize specifically what you learned from interaction with interviewee. Describe how yourown nursing practice will change as a result of learning about roles and responsibilities of interviewee, the core competency, and completion of this assignment.|
|Scholarly Writing||20||10%||Name of student and date of interview appears on Interview Form. Punctuation and sentence structure are correct. Evidence of spell and grammar check. Resources are formatted according to APA.|
|Total||200 points||100%||A quality assignment will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.
Outstanding or Highest Level of Performance
|Specifically names two scholarly resources reviewed PRIOR to interview.
Thoroughly states how EACH resource helped prepare for the interview.
|Provides initials, credentials, job title, date of interview, and working phone number of interviewee.
|Scope of Responsibility
|Provides a thorough summary of the interviewee’s answer indicating major responsibilities, number of staff reporting to him/her and total operational budget for whom interviewee is responsible.
|Mission, Vision, Values, and Beliefs of theOrganization
|Provides a thorough paraphrased summary of the interviewee’s answer, including his/her interpretation of the mission, vision, values, and beliefs of the organization.
|Strategic Plan as it Relates to ONE Core Competency
|Names the core competency correctly, and provides a thorough paraphrased summary of the interviewee’s answer about how a unit or department incorporates the core competency into the strategic plan.
|Role of BSN-Prepared Nurse to support strategic plan as it relates to the same core competency
|Provides a thorough paraphrased summary of the interviewee’s answer about the role of BSN-prepared nurses to support the strategic plan as it relates tosame core competency.
|Composes a thorough summary of what was learned from interaction with the interviewee and describes how personal nursing practice will change as a result of learning about roles and responsibilities of the interviewee.
|Name of student and date of interview appears on the Interview Form. Punctuation and sentence structure are correct. Evidence of spell and grammar check.
Scholarly resources are in proper APA format.
|Total Points Possible= 200|