Your organizational is a large hospital system that has just had a huge Ransomware attack. 320,000 patients that their health information may have been exposed in a ransomware attack. The ransomware incident took the network off line for 6 days. Non-emergency medical procedures were cancelled due to the lack of access to the electronic health record system and other computers. Providers and clinicians were forced to pen and paper, to allow patient care to continue. Your organization has been in the news with many negative stories about the cyber breach. As a result, you need to create the following:
- A cybersecurity breach emergency response plan.
- A business continuity plan to address this issue new and in the future.
- A crisis communication team
- A crisis communications plan
- The benefits to the organization of these plans and final conclusion
Review the selected case study once more.
To help you add more insights of other issues that you need to address you need to think about your topic as if your manager told you that you needed to fix issue and answer the following questions:
- What does the organization have to understand about this issue to really address the topic of Ransomware with hospitals?
- What variables, issues, phenomenon, models, and theories explain why it is important for organizations to have a cybersecurity breach emergency response plan?
- What variables, issues, phenomenon, models, and theories explain why it is important for organizations to have a business continuity plan?
- What variables, issues, phenomenon, models, and theories explain why it is important for organizations to have a crisis communication team and plan?
- What are the potential consequences for organizations that do not have a cybersecurity breach emergency response plan?
- What are the potential consequences for organizations a crisis communications team and plan?
Remember, cybersecurity technology generally has a very short lifespan. Therefore, research material should reflect such life. This means the majority of the reference list on the paper should be no more than five years old. That is, technical academic references older than five years (with the exceptions of theoretical underpinnings sources) should be used sparingly.
Write an overview of 1-2 pages introduction paper explaining what is currently happening. the paper should address the following questions:
- What are ransomware attacks?
- How are ransomware attacks occurring on hospitals?
- What are the costs and impacts of ransomware attacks on hospitals?
- What are some key statistics and trends about ransomware attacks on hospitals?
You are required to write at the graduate level with meaningful writing. Your paper should be in the following format:
- APA Style
- A cover page and Reference page
- double spaced 12 point Times Roman New in APA format.
- A minimum of 5 to 10 different references, which could include your course textbook (the final paper requires 20 difference references).
- majority of your reference should be scholastic resources
- Wikipedia is not an acceptable source of reference
- Paragraphs should be written in the MEAL writing style for clarity in terms of making the argument. See resource page in this course.