Assume that they have just purchased a tennis racquet factory that has been shut down for the last few years. The automated equipment and computer system are in excellent shape, and the personnel needed to run the factory are readily available. But before jumping into production, what 3 questions need to be asked and answered? In 200 words identify the plans that need to be made and which of these plans concern marketing.
Below is a list of questions that are about marketing issues. You may pull your three questions from below or come up with your own.
1. What are the needs of tennis players? Do they need more or different styles of tennis racquets?
2. How many different categories of tennis players are there? What kind of racquet does each category need? (Handles, sizes, shapes, weights, and prices are factors.)
3. Which category of player does this firm want to sell to?
4. Estimate how many people are in this chosen category. How many of them will be playing over the next five years? How often will they buy a new racquet?
5. When will these customers buy? (Are there seasons or trends?)
6. Where are these customers located? Where do they shop for tennis racquets?