The Australian Curriculum: Health and Physical Education learning area contains a “lifelong physical activities (LLPA)” focus area from years 3/4 to 9/10. The LLPA focus area “focuses on how participation in physical activity can enhance health-related fitness and wellbeing across the lifespan”.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Health and Physical Education – Life Long Physical Activity
GET AN ESSAY WRITTEN FOR YOU FROM AS LOW AS $13/PAGE
In this practical assignment we ask you to explore the evidence that supports the incorporation of the LLPA in the Australian Curriculum. In essay format, cover the following:
- define and describe LLPA;
- define physical activity and health-related fitness;
- describe how and why LLPAs differ from traditional sports;
- use peer-reviewed literature to describe the research evidence that informs the view that LLPA enhances health-related fitness and wellbeing;
- provide an example of how LLPA activity can be incorporated into Physical Education Curriculum using an year level band of your choice (e.g. years 7-8) referencing the Australian Curriculum.