1. The image that this creates is that the firemen do not care at all if a house is burning. They joke around saying that they want to pull out some marshmallows and roast them from the burning house. 2. The significance of Montag seeing his reflection in Clarisse’s eyes is that she is not like everyone else. She has a special feature that not everybody else has. 3. Montag had a child memory of one time as a child when there was a power failure, and his mother had found and lit a last candle and then he found a hour of rediscovery, of such illumination that space lost its vast dimensions and drew comfortably around them, and they, mother and son, alone, transformed, hoping that the power might come on soon again.
4. Clarisse thinks that Montag is not very happy and that he is not in love. He also laughs when she is not funny and answers before he is done thinking.
5. 5: The McClellans do funny things to classify themselves as peculiar. First of all the girl thinks to much, she talks about men in the moon, and changes the subject when things get uncomfortable in a conversation. Also, the uncle was arrested becuase he was a padestrians. Another thing about the family, is they sit around with all of the lights on in the house to talk to each other.
6. 6: She asked Montag if he was happy. This is a question that pertains to the plot because it is the question posed that gets him thinking. He really wonders, is he happy, and eventually he finds out that he is not happy. Even though he keeps telling himself he is. 7. 7: He compares her to a dial of a small clock. That you can see the lines of her face like the minute and the numbers on the clock. It glows, like the numbers on the clock. 8. Two other similes are one, her eyes were like a mirror. She is showing what he could be. Not everyone is the same. One other is said that Clarisse is like a marionette show. 9. The bedroom that Montag enters was dark and really quite. As he walks through the room he knows that there is something on the floor but he still hits. The sitting characterizes
10. The smile on Montag’s face goes away because he finds his wife lying on the bed motionless. She had have an over doss on sleeping pills and he was really sad. Montag’s answer to Clarisse’s question was yes when she first asked him but when he started to think about it more about it he wasn’t happy. 11. The event that occurs that night which provides Montag with an impression of the state of society is when he finds his wife lying on the bed because she had for gotten that she already had taken her pills. The impression was that she was dead. 12. In contrast, Montag hears and longs for someone who will want to listen to him. He wants someone to love and be happy with. He is not happy in his life right now because no one loves him. 13. The new idea for the parlor walls is adding another wall or the fourth wall. This excites Mildred because she can have more people to talk to and she can have more characters.