Read Victor M. Rios’s “Multiple Manhoods” Then do the following 3 moves:
1. Write a Sentence Summary, following the model below:
- In [title of work], [author’s first and last name], [author’s job title], argues that because [cause of trend], [main idea or problematic trend], leading to [effects of problematic trend], citing [author’s main source of evidence], such as [specific example from the author’s evidence].
2. Introduce a golden line or a passage that illustrates the Sentence Summary you just wrote, following the template below:
- Rios maintains, for instance, that…
3. Interpret the golden line or passage in your own words, following the model below:
- In other words, …