1. You have just been hired to perform digital investigations and forensics analysis for a company. You find that no policies, processes, or procedures are currently in place. Conduct research to find information, and then create a policy and process document (3 to 4 pages in length) to provide the structure necessary for your lab environment. Be sure to cite your online sources and follow APA formatting.(3,4)
2. Establish a procedure for your organization on how to validate a new forensics software package. Write 3 to 4 pages outlining the procedure you plan to use in your lab. Be sure to cite references, such as the ISO standard or NIST, to support your procedure. Make sure you use APA formatting.(chapter 5,6)
3. As part of the duties of a digital forensics examiner, creating an investigation plan is standard practice. Write a 3 to 4 (not including title or reference page) page paper that describes how you would organize an investigation for a potential fraud case. In addition, list methods you plan to use to validate the data collected from drives and files such as Word and Excel, with hashes. Specify the hash algorithm you plan to use, such as MD5 or SHA1. Make sure you follow the grading rubric and write your paper in APA format.(chapter 9,10)
4. A mother calls you to report that her 15-year-old daughter has run away from home. She has access to her daughter’s e-mail account and says her daughter has a number of emails in her inbox suggesting she has run away to be with a 35-year-old woman. Write a 2 to 3-page paper/report (not including title or reference page) explaining how you should proceed. Make sure you adhere to the grading rubric and write the report in APA format.(chapter 11,12)
· 3-4 pages in length (excluding cover page, abstract, and reference list)
· Please use the Case Study Guide as a reference point for writing your case study.