Children’s Ward Consultant Essay
You are a consultant in a children’s ward for a long-term care hospital facility geared towards ages 3 to 10 years old. The facility directors ask you to construct an indoor/outdoor play center and activity schedule to allow those in early and middle childhood to maintain and develop their cognitive, physical, social, and emotional growth while recovering from their injuries/illnesses.
Justify for the facility’s stakeholders the use and placement for each piece of play equipment, toy, and furniture. Make it clear when and why you would need to divide some of the space to separate children in early childhood from those in middle childhood.
- *The APA paper should be at least 7 pages in length and include at least three scholarly reference
- *How do each piece of play equipment, toy, and furniture contribute to the four types of development (e.g., fine-motor movement helps physical growth)?
- *How does each piece facilitate the social-emotional bonds of children with their families?
- *How does each piece improve coping and adjustment to long-term care?
- *Include an introduction that provides a clear statement of your position on the topic, a body that discusses the implications of possible solutions for the project under consideration, and a conclusion regarding how best to manage the issue (i.e., your informed opinion on the issues raised).
- *The paper must demonstrate what you have learned about current issues related to human development. Your paper is expected to have depth and offer a thoughtful analysis on the topic.