You must write a cause and effect essay. Three- four sources needed, remember one source should have an opposing argument. The essay should be 3 full pages required in MLA format. You thesis, use of evidence, use of analysis and general organization will be carefully scrutinised.
Cause and effect essays describe the cause and result of a situation or issue. An essay might discuss the development of treaties before World War I and the rise of the Axis and Allies. When writing this type of essay, research all possible outcomes and ensure that you can logically support your thesis with information on how a particular cause led to a specific effect. For longer essays, it may be possible to include circumstances that contributed to the effect.Cause essays examine why something has happened or exists.Effect essays examine what happens as a result of an event, choice, or situation.Cause and effect essays trace the start of a situation to a discussion of its results.
How to Use These Topic Ideas
Here’s how you can use the following topic ideas to write an essay:
- Reword the question to fit your assignment.
- Use a question for your topic idea helps keep you organized.
- Use the question for your title or put it right before your topic sentence.
- The answer to the question is your thesis. Simple!
Step 1: Pick a topic
Step 2: Find sources that support and negate your stance- start creating works cited and pull quotes and facts. (3- 4 sources)
Step 3: Create an outline and thesis
Step 4: Create a rough draft where you have inserted quotes relevant to your argument.
Step 5: Peer review
Step 6: Final draft
- What causes students to think school is boring?
- Does using technology like iPads or smartboards in classrooms cause students to learn better?
- What is the effect on learning when students do most of their work reading from a computer or tablet rather than paper and books?
- Do single-sex classrooms cause students to learn better?
- What are the positive and negative effects of having school uniforms?
- What is the effect of having an open high school campus?
- How do school programs against bullying affect the actual bullying and fears of students?
- What causes some schools to fail to educate students?
- What effect does parent involvement in schools have on education?