Conduct business information systems need analysis. Include the following in your needs analysis:
- Review current technologies – what do you have and what do you need?
- Consider the desired outcome – how will the organization change over the next several years and what needs must be fulfilled?
- Determine options and alternatives – can you update or upgrade existing systems and remain compatible with other systems, must you buy new systems, or can you create solutions internally?
- Recommend a solution – what is the best choice given the options and alternatives available?
- Decide how to measure the effectiveness of the recommended solution – how will you know it worked?
- Evaluate resources – what are the costs in time, money, and productivity for the recommended solution for equipment, training, implementation, etc.?
Write a 1- to 2-page summary of your analysis.
Create a 1-page systems change management template for the business information system from your needs analysis. Include the following in your change management template:
- How to request system changes
- Documenting change requests, approvals, and details
- Scope of the change
- Change sponsor
- Implementation of changes including communication, training, etc.
Submit your analysis summary and change management template.