All four ancient philosophers (Socrates/Plato, Buddhism, Confucius, Al-Ghazali) challenged the world around them and attempted to find a new path towards wisdom. Please respond to both prompts below.
(A) Briefly explain what each thinker saw as the primary barrier to true wisdom and how they attempted to overcome those barriers.
(B) Which philosopher do think offers the most relevant response to the barriers to wisdom in our present society? Please explain what you think those barriers are and what the particular path to wisdom prescribed by your chosen philosopher would look like in the modern world.
1. You must demonstrate some understanding of the different philosophies from each lesson, and you must creatively apply them to some aspect of present society.
2. You cannot quote, cut and paste from, cite, or in any way refer to the powerpoint slides from this class. The slides are only there to help you focus on what is important in the readings and videos. You will be penalized and asked to rewrite a paper that heavily relies on the slides.
3. Do not use outside sources. The point of these assignments is to examine your ability to understand and synthesize the materials from this class. Therefore, outside sources will be seen as irrelevant. See more details at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knowledge_management
4. You may use any citation system you like (APA, MLA, Chicago, etc.). I find the easiest system to be to use a parenthetical “author-date” system for in-text citations with a works cited page. In other words, after a direct quotation (using quotation marks), place the name of the author of the quotation, the year of publication, and page number in parenthesis at the end of the sentence. See the examples of quotation and paraphrase below:
a. Plato says that “present in every person’s soul” is the capacity to “contemplate reality, and the brightest of all realities, which we say is the Good” (Plato 1993, 119).
b. Plato believes that within the soul of each person is the ability to understand the nature of true reality, including the foundation of all things which he calls the Good (Plato 1993, 119).
5. The length requirement is 3 pages of your own words (approximately 950 with 12 point standard font, double spacing, 1 inch margins, and no extra spacing between paragraphs). Direct quotations will not count towards this word count. All direct quotations should be cited. Paraphrases will count towards this word count. Paraphrases should also be cited.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All papers are written by the best professional writers to ensure 100% originality. We always provide plagiarism reports whenever we deliver completed papers.
All papers by Grand Paper Writers are completed and submitted on time. This timely delivery of papers gives you time to go through the paper before the official deadline.
As an additional service, we will provide a title page that precedes the contents of your paper. Here, you will provide your personal details.
We also ensure that we provide an extra page for the references or bibliographies following referencing rules.
Originality & Security
At Grandpaperwriters.com, we guarantee students for the provision of security and original work. All your personal information is handled with confidentiality and is not shared with third parties. Additionally, we ensure that we provide original content with accompanying plagiarism reports to show originality.
24/7 Customer Support
Our customer support team is always available 24/7 to provide instant responses to any queries raised by students.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Grandpaperwriters.com has the best professional essay writers for quality services.
Here, a Grandpaperwriters.com, we do not compromise on the time of our clients. We always deliver all completed papers on or before the deadlines.
Admission Help & Client-Writer Contact
Grandpaperwriters.com provides an interactive portal where students can communicate directly to their writers.
Grandpaperwriters.com appreciates feedback from our clients to help us improve the delivery of essay writing services. As such, we are constantly changing our policies to ensure maximum customer and writer satisfaction.