Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Assignment 3: The Effects of Modern Development on the Health of the Population Due Week 10 and worth 260 points Building on the scenario in Assignments 1 and 2, you are in the final stages of preparing for your presentation at the conference on environment health issues. Create an eight to ten (8-10) slide PowerPoint presentation in which you: Examine the role of global organizations in managing environmental health issues. Determine two (2) specific ethical concerns these organizations face in safeguarding the health of a global society. Support your analysis. Evaluate the primary negative effects of modern farming on population health. Provide two (2) examples of best practices in the farming industry developed in the private sector to help reduce the health threats associated with industrialized farming. Justify your response. Identify the purpose of epidemiologic research in the study of environmental health issues. Provide a specific example of how epidemiology has been used to manage a recent public health threat. Support your response. Select one (1) environmental hazard that you think represents the most significant health risk to a specific population group. Propose a solution that an organization or industry could develop in the private sector to help eliminate or reduce this risk. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic resource. Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements: Be creative in your design so that is appealing to others. Ensure that all of the criteria are covered. Create bulleted speaking notes for your presentation to the shareholders in the Notes section of the PowerPoint. Note: You may create or assume any fictitious names, data, or scenarios that have not been established in this assignment for a realistic flow of communication. Use a professional technically written style to graphically convey the information. Include a reference slide. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference slide is not included in the required presentation length. The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are: Examine the opportunities for improvement within environmental health based organizations. Explain the role of organizations can have on improving environmental health along the impediments presented. Determine the skill sets needed to address current administrative needs within food production. Apply best practices of environmental health organizations to a scenario that is reflective of real concerns. Use technology and information resources to research issue in environmental health management. Write clearly and concisely about social environmental health management using proper writing mechanics.
- This presentation shows the effects of modern development on the health of the population.
- Emerging of new technologies within Internet technologies such as the web, virtual communication network, has led the world into challenges that threaten physical and mental health of people
- Unhealthy diet and lifestyle have caused diseases, obesity and short lifespan in the world.
- Misuse of modern technologies has also led to life challenges and illness on the global population.
- Industrialization has led to chronical diseases due to human consumption of chemicals.
the role of global organizations in managing environmental health issues
- The radical increase in water and sanitation investments so as to meet development targets.
- Creation of campaigns like Breathe Life campaign by PHE organizations
- Improving air quality hence protecting health and climate.
- Prevention of diseases via healthy environments
- Putting to test household water treatment products.