What is an advantage of a double key system like pgp?
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Answered! Multiple choice What is an advantage of a double key system like pgp?…
GET AN ESSAY WRITTEN FOR YOU FROM AS LOW AS $13/PAGE
|1.||It’s generally faster than a single key encryption system.|
|2.||The encrypted messages are shorter than if you use a single key system.|
|3.||There is no need to transfer a secret key between people.|
|4.||If you forget one key, you can use the other.|
Q : What is an advantage of a double key system like pgp?
Ans :option 3 – There is no need to transfer a secret key between people.
- PGP stands for “Pretty Good Privacy. It is used for sending encrypted messages between two people.
- PGP works by encrypting a message using a public key that’s tied to a specific user, when that user receives the message, they use a private key that’s known only to them to decrypt it.
- The Double key system like PGP (Pretty Good Privacy) uses a combination of symmetric -key encryption and public-key encryption
- User encrypts the message using a short key which is inturn encrpted by his public key
- The entire message (main msg + short key) is sent to the receiverv, who decrypts it using his private key
- There are two modes of using PGP: asymmetric (public key, with a private key to decrypt), and symmetric.