1. Give the full name of an application layer protocol that uses TCP as the transport layer
protocol. (0-2 points)
2. State two advantages of Network Standards. (0-2 points)
3. State two advantages of using Software As a Service (SaaS), with respect to cloud
computing. (0-2 points)
4. The default port number for SMTP is 25, 80, 110, or 143? (0-1 points)
5. Briefly describe two situations where you might use wireless LANs. (0-4 points)
6. Given the IPv4 address 192.168.1.12/28, what is its subnet mask? 255.255.255.255,
255.255.255.0, 255.255.255.240, 255.255.255.192, or 255.255.255.128 (0-1 points)
7. In the context of computer security, explain what is a denial of service attack. (0-4
8. When Tom signs a message using RSA and sends it to Mary, which which key does he
use for signing and why? Please explain this encryption process. Tom’s public key,
Mary’s public key, Tom’s private key, or Mary’s private key (0-4 points)
Thank you very much, some choice question that i need explain.
2: a) Networking standards ensure that the application developers don’t need to be bothered with operating procedure for a networked function (how packets will be sent and how the packet values are interpreted etc)hence implementing abstraction.
b) The networks can consist of many different computing platforms running entirely different software without any botheration of individual protocol configuration of each system on the network.
3: a) Pay as you go – Flexible paying model b) Reduced time to benefit/rapid prototyping – Everything is preconfigured & updated automatically on the cloud.
5: a) If a network is to be laid out between two or more buildings in the same goegraphical area, Wireless LAN is a better option rather than all the wiring and unecessary turmoil.
b) If a network is unreliable due to consistent faults and wire breakage then Wireless LAN can provide excellent level of reliability.
(i’ve answered first five questions. Please submit the other ones as a separate question.)