1. Give the full name of an application layer protocol that uses TCP as the transport layer
protocol. (0-2 points)
2. State two advantages of Network Standards. (0-2 points)
3. State two advantages of using Software As a Service (SaaS), with respect to cloud
computing. (0-2 points)
4. The default port number for SMTP is 25, 80, 110, or 143? (0-1 points)
5. Briefly describe two situations where you might use wireless LANs. (0-4 points)
6. Given the IPv4 address 192.168.1.12/28, what is its subnet mask? 255.255.255.255,
255.255.255.0, 255.255.255.240, 255.255.255.192, or 255.255.255.128 (0-1 points)
7. In the context of computer security, explain what is a denial of service attack. (0-4
8. When Tom signs a message using RSA and sends it to Mary, which which key does he
use for signing and why? Please explain this encryption process. Tom’s public key,
Mary’s public key, Tom’s private key, or Mary’s private key (0-4 points)
Thank you very much, some choice question that i need explain.
1. Very easy to develop software and hardware which connect the discrete networks.
2. Assist to offer much competition often the confines the low price.
1.SaaS is inexpensive.
2.Less maintainence is needed through Saas.
4) Answer:The default port number for SMTP is 25.
5)Answer: 1. Lan Extension
2. ad hoc networks
7) Answer: A kind of attack which over a network which was outlined to obtain the network to the knees of network with flooding the network through the ineffective traffic.several dos attacks like ping of attacks and tear drop attacks,deeds restrictions in TCP/IP protocols.